February 8, 2007

Kelly Hoppen

By now, I am sure that you've realized that I miss the life in the UK and all things associated with it. Although life here in Pigtown is good, life in the UK is more to my sensibilities. Having said that, I am here for the time being.
I noticed that when I was browsing through the UK's vast assortment of great homes, gardens and interiors magazines, some of the rooms I was drawn to time and time again, were by British designer, Kelly Hoppen. Although I've linked her website here, it's truly a pain to negotiate because of two vector lines that follow your mouse, but go ahead and try it anyway.
Kelly Hoppen's work is a lot more spare than Nina Campbell and the colours are more modern. Her trademark look is a mix of simplicity, luxury and style, something I am constantly aiming towards!
Although she's been big in the UK for a long time, she's just recently entered the US market through Century Furniture. You can look at her work is through Century's 80 page pdf of her catalogue.
She's also authored a number of books, including Kelly Hoppen Style: The Golden Rules of Design; Close Up: Attention to Detail in Design; East Meets West: Global Design for Contemporary Interiors, and several others.

In another funny mother/daughter pairing, Kelly Hoppen is Sienna Miller's step-mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.