May 8, 2014

Open to Adventure

If you have been reading Pigtown*Design for any amount of time, you know that unexpected adventures often come my way. Such was the case this evening, when I was asked on very short notice to show up at a garden party at a house which friends have just purchased. Apparently, they’re filming a reality show for the BBC in Baltimore and needed a garden party backdrop. So Wesley created a (redacted) invitation, and we all gathered at their house.garden party

It’s a gorgeous mid-1800’s townhouse where the same family has lived for decades. IMG_0046

One of the first things I saw was this amazing ceiling fixture!IMG_0050

Followed by these frosted and cut glass windows that appear throughout the house. IMG_0048

There were about 20 friends there, some old friends, and some new. They had set up a nice bar, and I was dying to figure out what to use these for…IMG_0058

The party was held in the garden, which, for being in the middle of a group of city townhouses, is quite lush. IMG_0051

The centerpiece is a huge old magnolia grandiflora, and an amazing old wisteria which is in full bloom now. IMG_0052

The original carriage house is part of the property, and it just made me gasp!IMG_0065IMG_0064

The courtyard is surrounded by other buildings, many towering over it, but the sense of quiet is palpable. IMG_0053

Here are a couple of sneak peeks of the house, which has barely been furnished and still needs a lot of work. IMG_0060IMG_0061IMG_0066IMG_0069IMG_0071

Of course, I will let you know details of the show as we move closer to the air-date. They’re still filming and need to edit, but I will give you one hint: think a modern-day Downton Abbey!

11 comments:

  1. How fun! No table flipping or weave pulling, I presume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not with this crowd. They're much more dignified.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing. What an amazing home. Love the brick patio "floor."

    ReplyDelete
  3. #Bringbackourgirls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing either Bolton Hill or Reservoir Hill. One of those grand old houses on Eutaw or thereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg what an incredible home, the house looks fabulous already in spite of just having moved in!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Soiree by Danielle Rollins Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see more of the house. Apparently, there's a ballroom!

      Delete
  6. What a grand place! But I want to know what you did with the bitters esp. the black walnut. I think it might be nice with citrus but I'm not really sure if the walnut flavor is retained. Maybe something more herbal like Pimm's or Campari.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.