December 21, 2016

Bits & Pieces

This year, Christmas and Hanukkah begin at the same time. Are you ready? I am kind of ready… I still have a few loose ends to tie up and then I am good to go. Luckily, I have a few days off, so if anything arises, I have the time. Although I don’t decorate much, I love looking at what others have done with their homes.

Here are some things I am thinking about this season.

  • I love the little copper wire lights that seem to be everywhere now. I got some last winter at Terrain and have added them to my collection (of three) domes. I aspire to have as many domes as this!image
  • I’ve finally gotten the last of the tea-towels mailed. For something I did on a whim, it turned out to be quite a successful project! Thanks to everyone who bought one… or more!maryland crab small
  • I had bought two huge bunches of magnolia branches with the intention of doing some decorating with them, but we had a hard frost and they all turned black. So I just stuck the branches in the urns outside my house. I like this idea. imageBut this would have been the reality!image
  • One thing I love about this time of year is miniature mincemeat tarts. My father used to make pies and tarts with mincemeat, and it’s such a huge reminder of him and our Christmas-time as children. image
  • I am really hoping that Figue cooperates and gets in the Christmas spirit. I tried taking pictures of her wrapped in little lights, and she was having NONE of that. image

What’s on your agenda for the next week or so?

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Imagine that: a dog with a mind of her OWN!!! Yet another challenge from the 4 legged family members who actually DO run our lives!!! Merry Christmas, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mincemeat tart photos. Nostalgia for sure. My mother always made mincemeat pies from scratch for Christmas. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    PS - your email contact at your profile no longer works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.